BRÖÖ True Promise
Companies that use synthetic fragrances have never wanted to disclose ingredients because those ingredients were trade secrets. So, the FDA, which regulates beauty products, decided that beauty companies need only use the generic word “fragrance” on the ingredient list of a product.
The problem is, this allowed the beauty companies to hide lots of yucky ingredients, like phthalates, inside the word “fragrance.” And, some of those hidden ingredients might just be harmful to you! For example, phthalates have been found to be endocrine disruptors in the human body.
Well, here at BRÖÖ, we want you to breathe easy about the word “fragrance” when you see it on our products. We follow the FDA requirements that say we must use the word “fragrance.”
We promise that our delicious scents are 100% natural, with no yucky stuff hiding in them:
1. We use only 100% natural products in all our fragrances
2. Our fragrances are derived exclusively from plant aroma materials
3. The plant materials are not derived from genetically modified organisms (GMO)
4. Our fragrances are free of Phthalates and Preservatives
5. We don’t use animal-derived products in our fragrance compounds
6. We don’t test on animals, and we comply with the European Cosmetic Directive 74/768/EEC 7th Amendment on animal testing
7. We don’t use any synthetic components in our fragrances
8. We don’t use processes and solvents to extract the scents
9. We don’t use base or carriers for our fragrances
10 We don’t carry out any processes on the plant products post-extraction
11. We don’t use any stabilizers or delivery aids in our fragrances
12. Our fragrances meet the definition of “natural” according to the criteria for the US Code of Federal Regulations Section 21, CFR 101.22 (a) (3)
13. Our fragrances meet the definition of natural as defined by the International Standard for Aromatic Natural Raw Materials, ISO 9235
14. If you would like to see our list of EU Allergens just email us!
Let’s face it.
If you smell a shampoo or conditioner that is “apple-berry-licious,” it is most probably fake!
The dirty secret in the shampoo world is that the synthetic “apple” scent, which is hard to make naturally, is everywhere!
And, who knows what yucky stuff is hiding inside that synthetic “fragrance!” But, the trouble is, the alternative to synthetic, complex fragrances is usually a one-dimensional natural, essential oil. That’s what you smell in most natural products. (Does the world really need another lavender shampoo)?
So, we worked hard to come up with delicious, complex scents that are still 100% natural.
And, why do we go to these expensive lengths for our scents, even though it sometimes costs 3x as much to use natural fragrances over synthetics?
Because your health is worth it, and we think that makes perfect “scents.”
*** Every person is unique, and some people may have sensitivities or allergic reactions to our fragrances, despite the care we take in formulating with natural ingredients. If you are concerned about a certain ingredient, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know whether our products have that ingredient. And, if you have a reaction to our products, please stop using them immediately and contact a healthcare provider. Finally, we’re happy to provide a list of EU Allergens, if you email us.